Maintaining a healthy weight is one of the most important factors for good health and disease prevention. Whether you are motivated to control your weight for yourself, a New Year’s resolution, or you believe it is just time for a lifestyle change, striving to achieve your optimal weight is worth the investment in time and effort.
Through Main Line Health’s Making Life Healthy program, there are many opportunities available for employees and family members to manage their weight and improve their eating habits, such as weight management programs, educational courses, telephonic coaching services and much more.
Provant Health programs
To register or log in to your account, visit www.makinglifehealthy.provantone.com
The following services are available to all employees and their spouses:
- Ask the Dietitian - scroll down on the home page and you can submit a question to a Registered Dietitian or Personal Trainer. They will respond within 1 business day. You can use this service as often as you like
- Health Coaching—telephonic coaching services at a convenient time for you
- Tracking Module—an easy-to-use tracker for recording your physical activity and nutritional habits
Registered Dietician Visits
All Main Line Health medical plans cover up to six visits per year with a Registered Dietician, at no cost to employees or covered dependents. To make an appointment with an MLH Dietician at the MLH Nutrition Center by visiting http://www.mainlinehealth.org/nutrition. You can also contact an IBC Dietitian for IBC Member services at 1-800-ASK-BLUE (275-2583). There is no copay for either service and a prescription is not required to see an IBC Dietitian. You will need a prescription to see an MLH Dietitian.
Main Line Health offers a four-week course titled “Take Charge of Your Weight” that will provide the tools you need to eat better, move more and stress less. The four-week course covers the following topics:
- Weight Loss 101. In this class, you will learn about all the popular diet plans and how to design a long-term game plan for weight management.
- You Are What You Eat. During this week, you will be discussing the emotional aspects of eating, including mindless and stress eating.
- Being Active. This class is designed to teach you exercise techniques and show you how physical activity can help you manage your weight long-term.
- What’s for Dinner? This class will help you plan menus for home, on the go and eating out, among others.
View the schedule of classes, and call 1 866-CALL-MLH to register.
The New Direction® Weight Loss System
Main Line Health’s Bariatric Center offer patients a comprehensive weight loss program, including surgical and non-surgical options. The Bariatric Center provides the tools, education and support to help you lose weight safely and effectively and to maintain a healthy weight long-term. To learn more, view the information at http://www.mainlinehealth.org/bariatrics.
Reimbursement for Weight Management Programs
IBC provides partial reimbursement of registration fees for Weight Watchers and Weight Watchers Online, or any hospital-based weight management program. To learn more about how to receive reimbursement for your weight management program, read the Healthy Lifestyles brochure by clicking here.
Healthy Lifestyle Apps
The Making Life Healthy program also provides a handout to help employees find and download mobile apps that will help promote a healthy lifestyle. There are a variety of apps that seek to help you eat better, get fitter, and relax more. Click here to view the handout